Homeowners Insurance in Littleton, CO
Your home is a significant financial investment that provides security and stability for you and your family. Accidents and other incidents can happen regardless of how safe your neighborhood may be or how diligent you are in conducting home maintenance. Fortunately, a homeowners insurance policy can provide crucial financial protection.
What Is Home Insurance?
Home insurance is a necessary component of any homeowner’s insurance portfolio. Also known as homeowners insurance, this coverage can provide a wide array of protection across common risks and exposures that may affect you, your family and your property. In most cases, home insurance policies can provide financial assistance in response to the following incidents:
- Smoke damage
- Damage to your home caused by vehicles
- Falling objects (e.g., tree limbs)
How Does Home Insurance Work?
Your home insurance policy may help pay for losses and damages arising from the aforementioned perils. In most cases, your coverage can be relied on to provide financial protection for the following expenses:
- Structural damage—If the physical structure of your residence is damaged by covered events, including foundations, electrical and plumbing systems and attached fixtures, your insurance can help pay to repair or rebuild. Most policies also includes coverage for detached structures, such as garages, sheds and gazebos.
- Personal possessions coverage—This coverage can provide financial assistance if a covered event damages or destroys belongings stored at your home, including electronics, furniture and clothing.
- Liability—Home insurance generally includes this coverage, which can help pay for third-party losses and your legal costs in response to bodily injuries and property damage for which you were at fault.
- Temporary living expenses—If a covered event makes your home temporarily uninhabitable, your policy may help you recoup certain resulting costs, such as hotel accommodations and restaurant meals.
Does Home Insurance Cover Mold?
Your home insurance may have specific terms that keep it from providing you with financial assistance in response to certain incidents. In the case of mold, your coverage may depend on the cause of the problem. For example, many standard home insurance policies may help pay for mold resulting from a sudden or accidental event, such as a burst pipe or hose water used to extinguish a fire. But you should generally not expect a standard home policy to cover damages related to mold that could grow over time due to neglect, such as from a poorly sealed window or leaking pipe.
Get the Right Coverage
At A Complete Insurance Agency, our experienced staff is well-equipped to help homeowners in the Denver area and throughout Colorado and Arizona assess and address their coverage needs. We will work with you to analyze your circumstances and build optimal policies at ideal prices. Contact us today to get started.